Job Announcement for Language Assistant
for EU-Twinning Project
The European Commission is financing the Twinning Project TR 13 IB JH 06 entitled “Improving the Maritime Customs Surveillance Capacity and Operational Procedures of Ministry of Customs and Trade”.
The project is being implemented by Spain through the Institute of Fiscal Studies and the Spanish Customs and Excises Department of the State Agency of Tax Administration.
The aim of this twinning project is to improve the maritime customs surveillance capacity and operational procedures of Ministry of Customs and Trade-DG Customs Enforcement, assisting in training for strengthening effectiveness, coordination, customs enforcement capacity and legality in operative maritime surveillance and also related fraud offences, fight against illegal trade, counterfeiting and related crimes.
One Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) is residing in Ankara over the project’s implementation period. EU Member State short term experts (STEs) will travel to Ankara for short missions throughout the project period.
2. THE POSITION
FIIAPP wishes to recruit a Language Assistant. The assistant will be employed by FIIAPP, the Spanish Public Organisation for the Twinning Management.
Starting Date for Employment
End of January 2018.
Place of Employment
Ankara, with possible short trips to different locations within Turkey and Spain.
- Interpreting in meetings and other oral conversations from MS languages and English to Turkish and vice versa for the project team on a daily basis;
- Translating documents, regulations, training materials, information materials and other written materials from MS languages and English to Turkish and vice versa;
- Drafting and editing of written materials with relation to the project in Turkish and in English;
- Drafting of minutes of meetings;
- Assist the RTA, his counterpart, the short term experts, and other foreign specialists involved in the project in matters related to language problems or other problems due to being and working in a foreign country;
- Interpretation during the courses, trainings, workshops and similar meetings that will be held within the project activities.
- Support the RTA Office when needed.
This list is not exclusive of other tasks.
- University degree.
- Professional fluency in oral and written Spanish, English and Turkish
- Excellent drafting skills in English and in Turkish.
- Ability to travel with overnight stays.
- Previous experience in Twinning Projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in French will be an advantage.
- Patience and flexibility.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multinational environment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc).
The monthly salary will be 2.000 Euros/month (gross).
Contract will be signed for 8 months with the FIIAPP (the Spanish institution responsible of the management of the TW).
The selected person must annually provide the FIIAPP a tax certificate
which proves that he/she pays taxes in Turkey and a bank certificate
that certifies the bank account ownership.
Working hours: fulltime.
Flexibility regarding working hours in the office is required. Overtime may be necessary at times.
Working place is in Ankara. Travel inland and abroad may occur.
6. EVALUATION GRID
|Professional fluency in English, Spanish and Turkish
|Excellent drafting skills in English and in Turkish
|Ability to travel with overnight stays
|ASPECTS TO BE EVALUATED
|Knowledge in Spanish
|Knowledge in French
|Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
|Previous experience in Twinning Project
|Experience of working in international environment
|Ability to work under pressure
Please send your application in English
(Europass CV format
) via e-mail to the following email address: Mr. Pedro Gomez (email@example.com) indicating “Application Language Assistant – Turkey”
as the subject of the email. Please include an email and a telephone contact number in the application.
All applications received with no reference of the post, in a different CV format than the EU Europass format and in another language different from English will automatically be rejected.
Deadline for submission: 10th of January 2018
All applications received later than this time will not be taken into consideration.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in Ankara (exact date and place to be confirmed to each shortlisted participant). Interviews will be carried out in English.
Applicants shall not have been involved neither in the selection process nor in the drafting of the Contract. Twinning Manual foresees that the chosen assistant is not a civil servant or agent of the beneficiary
(past 6 months) nor is on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position of the project language assistant.
The assistant will sign a service provider contract and must have a status of self-employed. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes and charges.